Tuesday, October 9, 2012

City Crafter Challenge Blog Week 130 ~ Be Inpsired

Happy Tuesday, it is City Crafter Challenge Blog new challenge day and a purple kind of day for me..

remember this sneak a while ago?


Yep, I made this layout for this week's challenge over at City Crafter Challenge Blog

Be Inspired

Hosted by Ros, she wants to see a bible verse or inspirational verse on your creation

without MUSIC.....


Life would be a mistake

~ Fredrich Wilhelm Nietzsche


I remember this performance Clare had when she was just 10 years old
Playing for a Red Cross charity event, and the guest of honor is the Prime Minister of Singapore Goh Chok Tong (2002)


time has gone by so quickly, my little Clare Bear had grown and she is now on her own, I accompanied her for all her musical journeys since she was 6, experienced all the anxieties, nerve wracking moments, gone through lots of concerts, piano competitions, each time when I was so nervous and about to faint at backstage, I said to myself "this is last, I am not going to do this anymore" but we went on, and on, and on........ and then finally, she is grown and all on her own, this coming Sunday, I am just going to sit with the audiences and watch my Clare Bear play her first recital at CalArts (California Institute of Arts), memories took me back to Carnegie Hall, Esplanade Concert Hall, The Juilliard School.......I think I am beginning to feel anxious again.....



Come play along with us




20 comments:

Lynnda said...

Gorgeous layout Kirsty!!! You one lucky momma!!... hugs...xoxo

Anonymous said...

your layout is so nice
hello from Elma

Unknown said...

Great layout and your choice of colours, i love purple! the picture is lovely, children grow up so fast.
as for my guinea pigs, you are like my niece ( she is 26) she can't stand furry animals, she is scared of them. They are the sweetest animals on earth :) they never bite and so soft to stroke. I could go on and on lol
Have a great day.
Hugs xx

Dora said...

This is amazingly beautiful!!!

Ros Crawford said...

Lovely Kirsty ... and what a very true statement that is!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww!! This is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the background, the photo and that quote is PERFECT!!!! I know she will do amazing in her upcoming performance!!!!

Unknown said...

You couldn't have picked a finer statement in combination with that lovely photo Kirsty, so beautiful...
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

cnelson said...

Oh so BEAUTIFUL! LOVE the purple!
Good luck to her on her performance...I'm quite sure it will be magnificent!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful page, Kirsty, lovely phrase! Love the colors you used. Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

A gorgeous page Kirsty!! I love the purple :-)

Davi said...

Beautiful LO Kirsty!! I love the simplicity, the photo really emphasises the sentiment! Have fun watching your daughter perform once again :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Awwww, what proud mommy moments for you, Kirsty, even if they are nerve-wracking, they are wonderful! LOVE your layout! The purple is so serene and I adore the design. The stamped background is fabulous. Really love the flower trim and the title work, too!

sandi said...

Love, love, love this! Great background!The purple look great here!

Lynette Jacobs said...

So beautiful Kirsty...and yes I cannot imagine life without music.

Linda Breedlove said...

Your layout is so lovely, Kirsty! A great background... love that purple!
May all go well for your sweet Clare!
Hugs!

Tracy said...

WOW! Clare has so many wonderful accomplishments in her life. I hope that her concert goes beautifully. maybe you can video it and show us...hint hint. :-) Lovely layout Kirsty. :-) Hugs!

Martina said...

Really inspiring - love this Kirsty!

Unknown said...

Wow, such wonderful experiences amidst all the tension. You created a beautiful page in honor of this special memory. Great depth and colors with all the different layers.
Hope you can the next concert with a little less anxiety...but then again, that's easy to say and pretty hard to do :)

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this LO, Kisrty! LOVE reading about your memories of your very talented daughter! LOVE the colors and the polka dots and the sentiment you chose! Just FABULOUS!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful LO. Even though she is older now I am sure you will always think of her as your little girl. Enjoy the concert. I am sure she will do great.

Hugs~