Friday, December 14, 2012

You always make my heart smile...

The technique I learn this week at

PTI Make it Monday is Layered Glitter Shapes, there is a video tutorial by Heather HERE



Heather used a sticker machine to make her glitter shape, I don't have one, so I used the label sticker paper instead, die cut the shape with both thin chipboard and the label sticker paper, I glued the non-sticky side to the chipboard, peel off the backing and have the sticky side for the glitters.


Tada.... here's my layered glitter flower.....




linking this to

PTI Make it Monday #95 - Layered Glitter Shapes


Supplies:

Pink Patterned paper - PTI Beautiful beads pink + orange mix 4x6 paper pad
Cardstock paper for both labels - PTI perfect match pink blush cardstock
Patterned paper (leaves) - PTI It's official patterned paper pad
Die Cut (flower) - PTI beautiful bloom 11 #1 die collection
Die Cut (oval scallop label) - PTI Limitless layers oval die collection
Die Cut (sentiment label) - PTI In stitches die collection
Stamp (YOU) - PTI all about you stamp set
Stamp (sentiment) - PTI Stitched sentiment stamp set
Stamp (leaves) - PTI leave print stamp set
Ink (leaves) - PTI perfect match spring moss ink pad
Button - PTI Hibiscus burst vintage buttons




Presents are little things that make us smile 



all the way from UK, THANK YOU Ros!!!!




18 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

Lovely Kirsty! Lovin' that plaid paper!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

What a gorgeous card!! Love the sentiment label!! I don't have much success with the regular crackle paint that you need to paint over to get the crackled effect. However, the Ranger Clear Rock Candy Crackle is a one layer crackle. I just rub a not too thin layer on with my finger, and it cracks beautifully every time. I also have great success with Ranger's Crackle Accents that works the same way. ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

love your card! So nice and wonderful decorated
Wish you a nice weekend
Elma

Lynette Jacobs said...

Gorgeous...I love the glittery flower and your sentiment is awesome.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Kirsty! Love the great colours and layout. Lovely sentiment too.
Hugs xx

Ros Crawford said...

Such a lovely card ... clever idea to use the sticky label ... And so glad my little gift arrived ... it comes with a whole lotta love! xxx

Sheila said...

Love your glitter flower---I have that die and can't wait to try it :) Have a lovely day

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeee the layered flower, the colors and the banner!! And YAY for happy mail!!!

Jacquie Southas said...

Gorgeous card! Love all the layers & patterns & the perfect use of glitter! Using the label paper is genious!

Juls said...

gorgeous!! Love the glitter flower!! Hugs Juls

Sue Lelli said...

GORGEOUS card, Kirsty! LOVE the colors and the plaid and the glitter!

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous card. I just love the sparkly flower.

Did you love the rain we got. Bruce wasn't to happy about it but I loved it.

Hugs~

UlrikaT said...

Wow, this is so beautiful!

Agus said...

Love love the card!! is so pretty! the flower looks amazing!!

Audrey Pettit said...

This is so beautiful, Kirsty! One of my top faves of yours!

sandi said...

Wow! Fabulous! Just so pretty!

Unknown said...

What a lovely layered card that is Kirsty, most adorable! Enjoy your gift from Ros.
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Kirsty, I love the colors! Hope you had a wonderful day.