Monday, May 26, 2014

Really? You are doing this?

At Moxie Fab World (May 22 post) ask us to share our crafting space, I was excited at first and went into my craft room to snap a few photos, and then when I went back to Moxie Fab World and hop around, I have second thought. Really Kirsty? You are going to show the world your messy craft room???? Hmmmmm... Oh well, maybe I can motivate myself to do a clean up after this

so.....

are

you

ready?

....


SURE?



don't say I didn't warn you

.............

......

..

first up is my craft table, always messy, I remember I just clean up last week, why is that?


and then when the camera move a few inches down, whew..... boxes after boxes, new stuff, old stuff, they just have no where to go but under the table. And as if the paper crafting stuff is not huge of a pile, I have one big box of fabric on the left, of course if you sew (once in a while), the iron has to be handy right? Only the newest fabrics get to live upstairs in the craft room, the rest of the fabric boxes have to be in the garage.


and there is the little Papi sticking out his head and asked:"are you sure you want to do this mom, better stop here!!!"

Well, by the window you'll see part of the ribbons piles, part of the glitters pile, and the project life product is growing taller and taller.


and then more paper, little photo corner on top, and a plant my husband trying to rescue (he thought the sun coming through my craft room window might help ???)


top of the shelf looks pretty neat, but in those boxes, more mess


let me scare you a little more by opening the closet door just for a peek


the right side of the closet looks like I am pretty organized, but..... the truth is, I still can't find my stuff when I needed them


and again when the camera move down a little, sigh..... I am hopeless!



and did I mention the garage yet?


Yes, if there is a prize for the messiest craft space


I WON!




16 comments:

Kim M said...

LOL, Kirsty! But I think I have you beat for the messiest craft room. I have a small corner of a room and it's incredibly messy right now. Take a look at this old post and you get the idea. It doesn't help that it's a dark room too. ;-)

Juls said...

Thats not a mess!!! It looks a gorgeous beautiful creative space .... I craft in a dark dingy loft, so I am in envy of your gorgeous space!! Hugs Juls

Stella said...

Don't apologise. There is no need to:) Creative people don't have messes. They have tons of ideas spreading all over the house (Dutch saying hee hee)
It is your space and it makes you happy.And that is the only thing that counts! I had fun looking at the photos. Maybe I'll share mine...:)

Unknown said...

Yep you have LOTS of stuff my friend. But I have to agree with Stella, no need to apologies. My space used to be crazy messy as well. And I was always looking for thing I knew I had. The Life of a crafter my friend. At least you have a space. Enjoy it my friend. Because I sure do miss my crafting space. I happen to think your space is wonderful. I have seen it in person.

Hugs~

Sue Lelli said...

And I am SURE you know where everything is! Looks like a creative space to me! I keep having to buy duplicates because I have lost them in MY room!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOL!!! Too funny!!! I love your space ... looks like organized chaos to me! :)

mandysea said...

hahahah! I LOVE it! I feel I'm in GOOD company Kirsty!!! What a fabulous craft room....messy or not - its still looks very 'creative' to me!

Ros Crawford said...

Yay! I echo everyones comment ... Who has a neat craft space? I'm as organised as a tossed salad! So nice to have a peek into your world ...

Tieva-Design said...

You´re crafting place is great. Reminds me of mine, have a lot of papers, stamps and other things too ;o)
Gabi

Contagiously Crafty said...

Don't apologize, Kirsty! We all have a certain amount of mess. I think its the volume of the stash that can get out of hand- look at that workspace- pretty organized to me. It just seems like we need a little pile of stuff in order to create and so the piles under the table are necessary! I just love that we can get to see your space. It is like getting to know you better. I just love that enough that I might join the party and give you a glimpse into my mess. It will definitely make you feel better, trust me.

Unknown said...

Looks pretty neat to me Kirsty ;-)
Bet you know where to find everything without a single doubt! Besides, a creative mind is always a bit messy ;-)
Ira’s Crea Corner

Evelin said...

LOL.... it's ok to have a messy craft room... I actually wish my craft corner is a little messier.. which would mean I have more things to play with, right? hehe

dawn said...

I want to come play in your craft room!! My table used to look like that, I stuffed so much under it,lol. Your space looks organized to me and you make such beautiful projects so you must know where everything is.

I still want to come play in there!! Thank you for sharing your space with us, loved it!!

Hi Papi!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Haha, brilliant! I'm glad I'm not the only one with boxes spilling everywhere! My room is an absolute mess, too, and I get mad when I can't find stuff....which is all the time! TFS, Kirsty! You really made me smile!

Cindy C. said...

Hehehe what a fun tour! Thanks for sharing!

1CardCreator said...

Ha ha ha, you made me laugh, especially when you started out, your desk did not look messy at all. I thought if she thinks that is messy she would die if she saw mine. Then I saw, you are just like me, ha ha. Love the ending, you won, cracked me up. Have a great weekend. ~Diane