Tuesday, November 25, 2014

City Crafter Challenge Blog Week 239 ~ Techniques

Edit on the road

We are sad to sent Dan off on his last journal on earth, but we are happy that he is no longer suffering and that he is now with the Lord. It is going to be hard for everyone that loves Dan, especially my sister-in-law Marilyn, sigh....
Anyway, we left Iowa Sunday afternoon after a small family gathering at Marilyn's place, we decided to go through Colorado this time instead of the southern route, we checked the weather and know it will be no snow and DH can visit his daughter on the way back, we drove through Iowa, Nebraska and staying a night here in Denver Colorado, just one more day of driving tomorrow!


................................................


This week at



Char wants us to tell her what is our favorite crafting technique 

Vellum overlays is one technique I learn recently while playing along with PTI Make it Monday, I always love working with vellum so I am going to use this technique again on my project today.




I hope you hop over to City Crafter Challenge Blog and play along with us!



20 comments:

Anonymous said...

this card looks so nice
elma

Mrs Beez said...

Lovely combination of papers and words. Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law and stay safe on your travels.

Caz said...

This is such a lovely card! I never got the hang of working with Velum!

Ros Crawford said...

Such a pretty card and a lovely technique!
Have a safe journey my friend

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Have a safe trip home and fun visiting his daughter... :) I love love love your card!! LOVING the colors and the snowflakes!!! And yes, you met Brookie just 2 short years ago ... and yep ... she has grown A LOT since then! LOL!!

Tieva-Design said...

Wonderful Card, I love the combination of different papers.
Gabi

Contagiously Crafty said...

So charming! The vellum overlay is adorable and creates layers without a lot of height.

Denise van Deventer said...

Very cool! Love the vellum flap! That reminds me I have some very pretty vellum envelopes somewhere...I must get them out! ;-)

Em Louise Fairley said...

So sorry for your loss. Beautiful card xxx

Stella said...

Fab technique and a gorgeous card. I chose vellum too :)
Have a safe trip home; take care...X

Anonymous said...

Love the vellum overlay and I never think about it! Please drive safe! Love your card!

Greta said...

Gorgeous layers, Kirsty! I love vellum, too, & this is a great way to use it! Have a safe trip home.

Tracy said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your brother-in-law Kirsty. I hope you and your hubby have a safe trip and good visit. I love vellum too. Your sweet embossed panel is lovely. Hugs!

Unknown said...

Lovely card with the vellum, Kirsty, great design. Have a safe journey.
Ira’s Crea Corner

Lynette Jacobs said...

Very pretty card Kirsty. So sorry for your loss.

Unknown said...

Looks so pretty.. Nice work on that Vellum. :)

Hugs~

Juls said...

Cute, love the use of vellum :-) xx

Deepti said...

This is so beautiful, I love the vintage feel to it :)

Audrey Pettit said...

The vellum overlay is absolutely beautiful on your sweet card, Kirsty! Love the vintage feel to this and love those red snowflakes. Absolutely love all those polka dots, too!

Sue Lelli said...

I ADORE the vellum! FAB card, Kirsty! FUN challenge!