Sunday, March 13, 2016

Our Beautiful World 138 ~ Easter

When I think of Easter, I think of.....


I bought these pretty Easter eggs  way back when I was still living in New York City, they followed me to Jersey City and now Las Vegas....



they are the center piece of my dining table this Spring......



growing up in Singapore, we do not celebrate Easter, but I often associate Easter with....



 this one I found at our front porch one day.....

Easter seems to go well with Tulips.....

I put in some late February....



it grows.....



and grows....

even the one at the backyard...

 
and these are the photos I took yesterday....
 

I think I am going to have some dark pink one.....

or maybe red?
 

Come tell us what Easter is to you.....

and check out the lovely photos of the OBW team


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

the little rabbit look like mine that I had years ago- he was more black as white
Love the color of the eggs!
Elma

Tieva-Design said...

So many beautiful easter photos... I love the eggs... look all great in those soft colours.
Gbai

Ariadne said...

I have some of those eggs too!AriadnefromGreece!

Ros Crawford said...

Yay! I'm so happy that your tulips are growing! Lovely photos Kirsty!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING those eggs and can't wait to see that tulip bloom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adam said...

I remember easter bunny and egg hunts. Doesn't mean much as an adult though until I have kids of my own. Easter was originally a pagan spring festival in the honor of the German pagan goddess Eostre.

When Germanic countries became Christianized, they didn't abolish Easter but just warp the story to fit their religion. They kept the easter bunny and egg thing though.

Lorraine said...

The eggs are beautiful and I love that little rabbit. Good luck with your tulips!

Contagiously Crafty said...

Wow, those eggs are beautiful! I can see why they are the centerpiece of your table. I also adore the photo of the bunny at your doorstep. Fantastic!

Greta said...

Beautiful eggs, but that bunny is just darling! Hope he was OK. How exciting to watch your tulips bloom & find out what color they are!

Denise van Deventer said...

Those eggs are just so pretty! Love the softness of them. A sweet bunny too! About 2 years ago at Easter time our neighbours bunny escaped and ended up in our garden. It was super fun for Joe...he was sure it was the Easter Bunny! ;-)

Sylvia said...

What great photo's of Easter things, Kirsty, love your black and white rabbit...what ever happened to it?

Lynette Jacobs said...

How cute is that little bunny...love the painted eggs.

Stella said...

As a Dutch girl I LOVE tulips and I am happy that your tulips are doing great. I think it will be pink:) And that bunny;adorable!

AppleApricot Wen said...

Such a beautiful and cheerful post Kirsty! Great photos!

Manuela said...

pretty photos, cute little bunny